Archery Season begins in November and runs through
NASP archery is designed for students in grades 4th-12th.
are held at the Waltonians archery range in Toddville
- Genesis bows and arrows are available to use. You do
not need to purchase anything unless you want to.
- Finger tabs or Archery gloves are nice to have to
- Arm guards can also be used to protect your arm when
Process of shooting
Two Blasts-Get Bow
- All actions are done with whistle commands as
Three Blasts-Go Get Arrows
Five or more
Blasts-STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING
Archery Range Rules
- Know and obey all
range commands and instructors.
- Always keep your
arrows in your quivers until told to shoot with the “one whistle” command.
- Only use the
arrows your instructor gave you. Remember what they look like.
- Always keep your
arrows pointed down to the floor or at the target.
- Only aim and
shoot at your target downrange.
- If you drop an
arrow, leave it on the ground until you are told to retrieve all your arrows.
- Always WALK on
the archery range.
- Always be
courteous to the shooter next to you.
- Stand behind the
waiting line when you are finished or not shooting.
- Only one archer may retrieve their arrows from the
target at a time.
- Be sure no one is behind you when removing your
- Walk back to the waiting line and return your arrows
to your quivers after retrieving them.
- SAFETY IS ALWAYS FIRST PRIORITY!
Eligibility and Behavior
- The Alburnett Archery team participates in the same
eligibility requirements as other school sports. We look to the parents to keep
our kids on track and impress upon them that school is the most important
activity in their young lives.
- Archers are required to listen to their coaches at all
times and no horseplay is allowed. This is for the safety of the entire team.
Team Details and scoring
- A team consists of 12-24 students with at least 4 of
the opposite gender.
- The top 12 scores will be
used to determine our team score.
- A practice round will be done from 10 meters with 5
arrows, then three scoring rounds with 5 arrows each. The same process takes
place at 15 meters. (Each flight takes about 45-60 minutes.
- Two archers are at one target, each archer fills in
the scores of the other archers arrows using the bubble scorecard. It is important to always check your own
score card before pulling your arrows at each round to ensure it was marked
- Alburnett Archery participates in several
invitational’s at other NASP schools.
- If you sign up for a tournament and circumstances
change that you are unable to go, we ask that you notify a coach ASAP.
- Typically schools charge $2-$3 Archer, $5 Adult and $3
Student and concessions are available.
- It is important to arrive an hour earlier than your
flight time to warm up and be ready without feeling rushed and in case the
school is running ahead on time.
- Awards are given at the end of the invitational for
top archers and top teams. If you are not there to receive your award, a coach
will be there to accept and bring the award to the next practice.
- These are ‘virtual’ worldwide tournaments that are
held at the clubs ‘homebase’ Waltonians. Scores are taken during practice and
entered in an online database.
- The State Tournament is typically held the first
weekend of March in Des Moines at the State Fairgrounds for qualifying teams
- National Tournament is held in Louisville, KY the
second weekend in May for qualifying teams and individuals.
- Worlds Archery Tournament is typically held in June
with a different US location each year for qualifying teams and individuals.
In order for archers to
attend State, National or World Competitions we have at least 3 fundraising
events. Your participation will help with archer registration fees and family
travel costs for out of state events.
- Mister Clean Car
Wash Card for either full service or express wash. Cards to be sold from
Invitational will be held in January at Alburnett School. We will have over 400
archers attending and their families so your participation is greatly needed
for this large event. A signup will be sent out closer to the event.
- A March
Fundraising Dinner is held to help fund a team to take to Nationals. Sign up
will be sent out closer to this event.