The deadline for open enrollment applications for the 2015-2016 school year is March 1, 2015. Applications submitted after this date must meet one of these limited reasons to be considered for approval by the resident and receiving districts:
1. Change in district of residence due to: family move, change in marital status, foster care, adoptions, or treatment program;
2. Participation in a foreign exchange program;
3. Failure of negotiations for reorganization or whole grade sharing;
4. Loss of accreditation or revocation of a private charter school'
5. Pervasive harassment or severe health including an explanation of the events occurring after March 1 or provide the name of the district employee familiar with the student.
Application forms are available on the Iowa Department of Education website (https://www.educateiowa.gov/pk-12/options-educational-choice/open-enrollment), or a copy may be requested by contacting the Alburnett Central Office.
Recent News >